We're Here to Help!
Our trained and experienced volunteer staff will do all the legwork required to match a dog to its forever home ... and our dog-to-family matching service is FREE*. Click here for the complete list of 41 dogs that have found new homes with K9 Matchmaker's assistance since 2012.
Are you an INDIVIDUAL who's looking for a new addition to your family, but having trouble finding that right dog who will be the perfect fit? Would you rather not have to visit a shelter or rescue because you hate seeing all those sad faces? Have you found dogs you like that rescues have posted on Petfinder or Adopt A Pet but can't decide which would be the best fit for you? We'll contact local rescues and evaluate potential dogs to find your perfect new companion based on your answers on our ADOPTION FORM and subsequent discussions and meetings with you.
Are you with an ANIMAL SHELTER or RESCUE having a problem placing a particular dog in their forever home? We'll help you find a new family for him/her based on your answers on our ADOPTION FORM, an in-person evaluation of the dog, and subsequent discussions/meetings with you.
Are you an INDIVIDUAL who is being forced to give up your dog and want to make sure he/she gets the best new home possible? Complete the SURRENDER FORM so we'll know details about your pet and their current living situation. We'll then do our very best to find him/her that perfect new home!
Help Control the Pet Population - Spay or Neuter
In every community, in every state, there are homeless animals. In the U.S. there are an estimated 6-8 million homeless animals entering animal shelters every year. Barely half of these animals are adopted. Tragically, more than 2.7 million healthy, adoptable cats and dogs are euthanized annually. Spay/neuter is the only permanent, 100% effective method of birth control for dogs and cats. To read more about why you should spay/neuter your pet, please visit The Humane Society's website.
- Adopt a Pet - database of adoptable pets from shelters and rescues
- Because of a Dog - assist municipalities, agencies, & police depts. with tools, supplies, & resources for stray animals
- Canine Companions for Independence - provides assistance dogs free of charge to recipients
- Cole's K9 Center - your dog's home away from home
- Logan's Heroes Animal Rescue - rescues pets and supports veterans
- Pet Ownership Costs Guide - examines different costs associated with owning a pet, including what expenses to expect, how to plan for these expenses, and potential ways to reduce the financial burden of pet ownership
- Petfinder - database of adoptable pets available from adoption groups
- Rescue Me! - animal rescue network helping animals find good homes worldwide
- The Art of Matchmaking - a chat with Terry Ingle, founder of K9 Matchmaker, on Care Free Canine's blog talk radio program recorded March 9, 2013
*K9 Matchmaker is not a rescue nor do we have a rescue facility. We are a dog-to-family matching service; a service which we provide free of charge to individuals, rescues and shelters. Although our service is free, you may be responsible for any adoption fees charged by a shelter/rescue and/or transport charges incurred by K9 Matchmaker or a transport service.